Sunday, October 15, 2006

Excited about Fall

I have to say this is my favorite time of the year. I love the colors of fall. I prefer sweaters to tanks and jeans to shorts. It's such a great time to fire up the grill and eat dinner on the patio with a cool breeze. I also like October and November for Halloween and pumpkins. Pumpkin patches, mums, corn stalks and hay all provide wonderful color and texture for lots and lots of pictures!

These pictures where taken at a local pumpkin patch by a friend of ours who has just started a photography business. I just love the tutu!!
www.paigepearsonphotography.net






For three years we have taken Fall Festival pictures of Rylan at my parent's house also known as GaGa and Poppy's. We put all things fall at the entry gate for a warm welcome to all who come for a visit. It's fun to reflect on the past years and how Rylan has changes. Last year was Reese's first year. She was 5 months. This year she had a little more fun. Well, until she took a nose dive into a pumpkin. Picture time was OVER!

While I've expressed how much I love this time of year and the things associated with fall, I do not like the food. Turkey, dressing, stuffing, casseroles, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pies are all foods I do not like... not even a little... not even once a year. I'm pretty sure my girls will be like me but Lane completely disagrees. He said "We will have turkey and dressing for Thanksgiving!" So for my husband, I will serve all these brown entrees just for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret K said...

Love the pictures.What special memories.

How can you not like Thanksgiving food? It makes you so full and sleepy.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Kasey said...

Well, actually, I will serve all these brown entrees to your husband!! He loves my sweet potatoes with praline topping casserole (what can't be improved with a little praline topping???)!! I love seeing pictures of my baby nieces and I'm so proud of you for taking the time to blog!! Maybe I'll be next? You never know...

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home