Monday, October 02, 2006

First Blog

I have decided to start blogging. I'm not very good at recording special events, milestones, or important dates in my life or my children. Their baby books are horrible and once it happens that moment is gone and you can bet I did not record the special moment.

My other big flaw is I'm not so good at keeping in touch with friends. Friends that are dear to me! There are people in my life that I've had the privilege to know and become good friends with but one or both of us have moved. I try so hard to stay in touch, email, send cards but eventually I fail! I fail to keep the communication going. Why am I like this? Every January 1, it is my new years resolution to be a better friend that remembers to call her on her birthday, to send thank you cards, to have friends over for dinner just because, to just pick up the phone and call. The phone! I'm the worst at calling and especially returning a call!

I hope I can succeed in jotting down my daily highlights. Little or small, happy or sad, I want to be able to look back and remember the night my husband grilled a super dry steak I wouldn't eat or the day my girls decided to give each other a haircut! I also want to have a place where I can "keep in touch" with friends and family.

Choosing a blog title is hard. It had to mean something and this is what mine means...
Lane and I like John Mayer's music (Lane especially) and he has a song titled "Daughters". After hearing it a few times, I told Lane, "In the event something happens to me, I'm telling you now, I want this song played at Rylan and Reese's weddings". (Just one of those strange conversations we sometimes have while driving in the car).

chorus...
Fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers, be good to your daughters too

They are so little right now, but one day Rylan and Reese will get married and I pray they will say their parents openly and genuinely loved each other every day.






3 Comments:

Blogger amerriman said...

I love the blog. I haven't heard that song, the chorus sounds great!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

So glad you started blogging!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love John Mayer and that song too. Scott printed out my blog in a "book" format from 2005, one for each of the kids and one for me. It's a tradition now for every year. Anyway, I have loved reading it and I think the boys and their future families are going to really love it. I think your girls will love yours too

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home